If the relationship stays afloat after the shy stage, a stage comes where you are free in each other's space, which is the way an ideal relationship should be. You are comfortable with each other, you enjoy each other's company even in utter silence and the man doesn't have to make jokes to impress the lady.
Common signs your mate has psychologically settled down with you
While it is sweet and sexy for you to be awkward, coy and shy during the early part of most relationships, it gets exhausting real fast. And most relationships break soon after this stage is over.
But usually, there will still be things that you keep personal until you are sure this person is the one for life, at which point you reach the peak -- the plateau of the comfort zone, you settle down in your mind.
Here is how you can tell your mate has psychologically settled down with you even when you aren't married yet:
1) You can change in front of each other- This means you are comfortable exposing the flaws on your body to this person. You are willing to be vulnerable because you feel safe in the hands of this person. And you are comfortable with their love for you.
2) You bush issue- Most girls hate to be seen with a bush, because it happens to be a very important sanitary issue for them. It is drilled in their heads since those girls-only primary school meetings with the senior woman. Even she can show you her bush without apologising, that means she knows you won't judge her.
3) You are okay eating the messiest foods in front of your mate - Picture yourself dismantling a fish-head in front of this person, licking the bones clean and drinking the soup. Or eating the juiciest Rolex at a street party without a care that the 'soup' from the kaveera (polythene bag) is dripping down to your shoe. Yeah, when that happens, you are ready to live with that person forever.
4) Burping and farting is no longer an aggravated crime - Everyone farts. Everyone has morning breath. You do, your boyfriend does. You both will, for eternity. Live with it! This applies to both men and women, lest you think otherwise. Did you know suppressing farts is bad for your health? Anyway, when you start laughing off a fart as opposed to judging the person, time to meet the parents.
5) You have seen them at their worst and still love them Did you help him clean up after he vomited after a bad case of over-drinking? Did he help you use the toilet when you fractured your foot and couldn't do on your own?
If you've been through all this with nothing but love and care for your partner, congratulations! It is definitely time to take your relationship to the next level.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: