A witness, who was there during her last days, told the media: "Her stomach swelled, and Asia is saying, I'm in too much pain.. I'm dying, I'm dying... then I told Mama Asia to take her for a scan... When they took her for a scan in Kamwokya, they said they found fluids in her body... and she was given medicine, but the pain didn't subside. The whole night she was in pain and they returned her to the hospital and took her to the theater for treatment. But her body had given away and she couldn't feel anything around the back of the neck area. She was put on oxygen and she died. But they say it was poison. That she ate like three weeks back. She had been in pain for two weeks, wailing all the time, and we thought she was just pretending."
‘Asia’s last moments were extremely painful’
TikTok sensation Asia, real name Aisha Rose Namirembe, was pronounced dead Friday morning but she had been in excruciating pain for about two weeks.
Asia's mother narrated her last days: "When she went to pray on Sunday, in the night, her friends told me that she vomited a lot and had an upset stomach. Then we bought medicine for her and she started feeling better."
She went on: "She first reported toothache and I called you... then later her gum swelled. Then the stomach also swelled... and it started releasing fluids... I've not slept for two days."
The mother said she had never had such health complications.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: