8 makeup beauty apps that are changing the way we purchase products
The smartphone is increasingly becoming a go-to for a number of things such as innovative communication, navigation, and more.
These apps are changing what we buy, how we buy, and why we buy, turning heads in the beauty industry. Let's look at some of them.
Makeup apps are used by individuals and makeup artists to find, try out, review, and buy products. If you're looking to use a makeup app but aren’t sure which one is for you, we have got your back.
Wish you could try it before you buy it?
This is the toughest part about shopping for makeup. You find what you think you want, only to get home and be disappointed after you try it on. With so many different skin tones and complexions, and even more product shades and colours, it’s almost impossible to choose the exact product for your specific tone. Makeup apps are changing all of this.
Benefits of makeup apps
- You can virtually try on different products in real-time. You can see if shade “003” is a better match for your skin than “004”.
- For makeup artists, you can see how makeup looks on the person, and when done, see where to buy the products in question.
- These makeup apps guide you on which products to use on your skin. Some of them analyse your photos to give you insight into your skin and hair. Some use your photos to develop a custom beauty analysis, giving you a complete breakdown of your skin to help you improve your beauty routine and ensure you have the most flawless skin possible.
- Some even offer makeup tips, tricks, how-tos and inspiration for makeup and hair ideas.
- If you care less about buying makeup and rather wish you could look like you’re wearing makeup in your photos, there are also apps with powerful editing capabilities and filters that will take your simple, makeup-free picture and make it Instagram-ready in a few strokes and clicks.
1. L'Oréal Makeup Genius
This app turns your phone into a mirror and lets you virtually try on different makeup looks and products in real time. It is available on iPhone and Android
It is used by makeup professionals for its advanced AR technology to see how makeup products and shades look on a person. It is available on iPhone and Android and allows you to virtually try on makeup.
3. Sephora To Go
Watch makeup tutorials, read product reviews, and order products through the app easily and seamlessly. Available on iPhone and Android.
4. Perfect 365
More than 80 million people use this app for instant makeovers on their phones and to edit photos with powerful editing tools. Available on iPhone and Android with advanced photo editing.
CHECK OUT: 10 perfumes for elegant nights
Ask product-related questions, read reviews, and discover the latest makeup looks and hair trends to be in the know constantly. It offers makeup tips and reviews and is available for iPhone and Android users.
6. Beautiful Me
This app uses AI to analyse your photos in order to find your true skin tone and give you personalized product recommendations on your Android or iPhone and Android.
Visada analyses your photos to give you skincare and product recommendations based on your skin tone and eye colour. Available for iPhone users.
8. Pretty in my Pocket
The app lets you scan product barcodes to learn more about them and read user reviews before you make the purchase. Available for both iPhone and Android.
With their many features, ease of use, and futuristic capabilities, more and more makeup apps are popping up to answer consumers' needs. Apps are completely changing the way we buy products. So before your date night, office party, or school reunion, check out the most popular makeup apps to look and feel your best.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: