The NBS Amassengejje news anchor said parents need to take advantage of this weekend to sit down with their children and talk to them about a number of things since only eight days are left for them to go back to school.
Hatmah Nalugwa: What you should do before taking your child back to school
Broadcast journalist (news anchor), Hatmah Nalugwa Ssekaaya, has come out to list some of the things parents out there should do before taking their children back to school.
“We are left with only 8 days to get our children back to school. Parents, this is the weekend to sit down with your children and set goals for Term 1,” she tweeted.
Below are some of the things she said a parent needs to do before taking their children back to school;
1. Read through the school rules and regulations together with your child and encourage them to abide.
2. Check and go through their holiday packages. Is the work completely done?
3. Pack their school suitcases together with your children.
4. Check on their school uniform to avoid being embarrassed on the day of reporting because it is torn.
5. Personally, escort your children to school. Just give that one day to your child and not the driver.
Schools are to open in February following the long holiday.
There have however been concerns from parents over the school fees hike. The Government of Uganda, as a result, has drafted a new school fees policy but is yet to decide to implement it.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: