Novak Djokovic has admitted to making an "error of judgement" by attending an interview and photoshoot with a French newspaper after testing positive for Covid-19 last month.
Novak Djokovic admits breaking Covid-19 isolation
The world tennis star says he made an "error of judgement" by leaving Covid isolation in December to attend an interview with a French journalist.
The Serbian world No 1 also attributed the mistake on his Australian travel declaration form to "human error" from a member of his support team.
Djokovic posted a lengthy statement on his Instagram account on Wednesday, which reads, "I want to address the continuing misinformation about my activities and attendance at events in December in the lead up to my positive PCR COVID test result.
"I want to emphasise that I have tried very hard to ensure the safety of everyone and my compliance with testing obligations.
"I attended a basketball game in Belgrade on December 14, after which it was reported that a number of people tested positive with Covid-19.
"Despite having no COVID symptoms, I took a rapid antigen test on December 16 which was negative, and out of an abundance of caution, also took an official and approved PCR test on the same day.”
Djokovic's statement also addressed the issue pertaining to his travel declaration, published by the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia earlier this week.
On the form, Djokovic said he had not travelled in the 14 days before his flight to Australia. But reports claimed the 34-year-old had also been in Spain during that two-week period.
Story Credit: Sky Sports/Pulse Ug